Passive Protection Systems.
Elbit Systems Deutschland offers an extensive range of highly developed warning systems for vehicles. With precise warnings tailored to the specific requirements of the operating personnel, the systems enable an effective and timely response to laser and radar-based threats. The warning systems provide 360-degree threat coverage and can be integrated with a wide range of countermeasures. Innovative high-speed processing and communication capabilities combined with electro-optical operation ensure accurate and reliable protection. Furthermore, the systems are immune to false alarms caused by reflections, lightning, gunfire, as well as autonomous RF and electro-optical operations. The warning systems are field-tested and are used by numerous armed forces worldwide (NATO and others).
Warning systems for land, air and water vehicles.
Directed IR Countermeasures – DIRCM
The Directed IR Countermeasures (DIRCM) system provides maximum survivability against approaching threats, such as infrared-guided anti-aircraft missiles. DIRCM combines advanced laser technology with a high frame rate thermal imaging camera and a small, high dynamic range mirror turret. The systems feature an open architecture and integrate seamlessly with any type of aircraft with all types of MWS (missile warning systems) and other defenses. Numerous countries and private customers have already chosen DIRCM solutions to protect a wide range of military, VIP and commercial aircraft.
- Available in any desired configuration
- Fully automatic and autonomous – no crew involvement required
- Open architecture for integration with various types of MWS, control systems and other DAS units
- Multi-band laser, each band independently programmable
- Open to user-defined jamming codes
- Certification by military and civil authorities for numerous types of platforms
- Fast, accurate threat detection and mitigation
- Handle multiple threat scenarios
- Powerful and comprehensive protection
- Proven in real-world scenarios
- Extensible for future threats
ELAWS (Land) ELNAWS (Naval)
Enhanced Laser Warning System for wheeled and tracked vehicles. ELAWS (Enhanced Laser Warning System) detects and classifies laser threats of various types and displays the angle of incidence and the type of threat.The 360° system ensures reliable laser detection regardless of the size, type and shape of the platform to be protected. The ELAWS is also designed to exchange information with other onboard systems such as navigation systems, countermeasure equipment and other subsystems. Enhanced Laser Naval Warning System. ELNAWS (Enhanced Laser Naval Warning System) detects and classifies laser threats of various types and displays the angle of arrival and the type of threat. The 360° system ensures reliable laser detection regardless of the size, type and shape of the platform to be protected. The ELNAWS is also designed to exchange information with other onboard systems such as navigation systems, countermeasure equipment and other subsystems.
- The system detects all relevant laser threats, including laser rangefinder, laser target markers, laser beam riders
- Threat detection coverage: 360° horizontal, 110° vertical FOV
- Detection accuracy up to 1°
- Direction indication for all types of threats
- Acoustic and visual warning signals
- High probability of detection
- MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-1275(AT), MIL-STD-461 Standards
- Spectral range: 0.5 to 1.6 micron
- Built-in test
- Low false alarm rate
- Easy installation
- High/Wide dynamic range
The Laser Warning System (E-LAWS) and the Threat Detection System (TDS) of TELEFUNKEN RACOMS are capable of detecting, categorizing and localizing laser sources such as rangefinders, target markers, guidance beams, infrared illuminators and training aircraft. In addition to laser sources, the Multi Threat Detection System (MTDS) also detects, categorizes and localizes radar/high frequency sources. All systems have a built-in self-test and allow training directly in the vehicle.